North Palm Beach, FL
North Palm Beach is an incorporated village in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. The population was 12,015 at the 2010 census. The village won an award from the National Association of Home Builders as best planned community of 1956, and its public club is home to a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. In 1954 for $5.5 million John D. MacArthur bought 2,600 acres (11km2) of land in northern Palm Beach County that had been owned originally by Harry Seymour Kelsey and later by Sir Harry Oakes. The land included most of today's North Palm Beach as well as Lake Park, Palm Beach Gardens and Palm Beach Shores. MacArthur then began developing what is now North Palm Beach, which sat on former mangrove swamps and farm land. The area was punctuated only by Monet Road and Johnson Dairy Road to the north and south and US 1 and Prosperity Farms Road to the east and west.